The Cataract House
Built on the site of a previous hotel in 1835, the Cataract House was for decades Niagara's largest hotel, and the favorite on the American side. Near the lower rapids, the hotel was just a short walk from Goat Island. It even had a small diversion flume providing hydropower from the rapids to its building. It burned down in 1945.